Saturday, December 19, 2009

There is a time for everything...

A time to do laundry,
A time to prepare big meals and bake cookies and cakes,
A time to mop the floor, vacuum the carpets and dust the furniture,
A time to buy things,
A time to blog and go through the Internet,
A time to work,

But that time in not today. Not for me. Not anymore.

Today is a special day.

Today it is the Lord's day.

Today is a time of rest.

Come unto me all who are weary and burdened, I shall give you rest (Matt: 11:28)

So today instead of thinking about the ridiculous amount of laundry I have to do, we will get dirty as we go for a nature walk and enjoy God's creation.

Instead of grabbing the mop or broom, I will grab my husband's hand and thank God for the beautiful calling to be a wife and mother, and ask Him to strengthen our marriage.

Instead to sitting at the computer, I will sit at the Lord's feet for a little longer.

Instead of buying things, I will thank God for His provision, which never fails.

Instead of putting the apron on, I will put on a good dress and participate in Mass, and eat at the Lord's table.

And as I open my eyes in the morning, the first thing that will come to my head, will not be my to do list, but a song in my heart:

This is the day that the Lord has made
I will rejoice and be glad in it.

4 comments:

Simply Heart And Home said...

Amen! A blessed Sunday to you and your sweet family, Isabel.

Isabel said...

Thank you dearest friend.

Suki said...

Best wishes for the coming year, Isabel.

Simply Heart And Home said...

Happy New Year, Isabel!