Thursday, December 10, 2009

My brain is bubbling...

I am going through a major mind-set change. There are many issues in my life that I am trying to re-think. And this typically sends me in tilt!! I would like your help with one of the major issues in my head right now:

How do you keep the Sabbath (Sunday) holy?



This is for Maltese readers (can't really translate because it won't make sense in English)

Il-bierah ghedt lil Julia "Isa halli issa mmorru tas-Sliema". Qaltli "Il-quddies?" Ghedltilha "Le tas-Sliema". Julia: "Sliema ghalik Marija?"

4 comments:

Camille said...

I have lots of answers for this... We believe in keeping the Sabbath Day holy and we honor that belief by not going to the store, to restaurants, get gas, etc... any place that would require someone else to work on the sabbath day, which is also something we avoid. now there are instances for doctors and nurses and police, etc... but otherwise we do our best to not work on the Sabbath. We guard it sacred and spend time with family, friends, etc.. We don't play sports or do heavy housework. We spend the day going to our 3 hours of church meetings, then having a nice family dinner, playing games, watching little or no TV... doing things that we would not normally do during the week so we can teach the kids that it's a special day and different from all the rest. oh I could go on and on because this is something I feel very strongly and passionately about. It's the Lord's day. We do His work on that day.

Simply Heart And Home said...

I don't really have an answer to your question but I did want to tell you that I love going to mass. And I love the cross and rosary you sent me. I am putting them to good use! :)

Gina

Unknown said...

You know, keeping the Sabbath holy is something that's going to look differently for different families of different faiths and different cultures.

We observe the 7th day, don't do unnecessary work, celebrate creation, read, take walks as a family, have a special meal on Friday night, read a special Scripture passage, bless the children, light a candle, remind the children that's it's a day the Lord make special Himself... so it's His Day and not ours.

As a Catholic, you're going to celebrate things differently. What did your grandparents do to keep the Sabbath holy?

Dina said...

tajba....... u bil grazzja mimlija!!